KCOS is a community-licensed station managed by a Board of Directors. Further community input comes to the station through our Community Advisory Board. Meetings are held quarterly and are open to the public. All meetings are at KCOS (unless otherwise noted) and start at 11:30 a.m.
Next meeting: September 8, 2017 at the KCOS offices at 9050 Viscount Blvd. Suite A440, El Paso, TX 79925.
Ginger Raya Pineda
Dr. Veronica Mallett
Region 19 Headstart
El Paso Electric
Strategic Growth Bank
Hal Marcus Gallery
Keep it Fresh
The KCOS Community Advisory Board is composed of up to 20 individuals who reflect the diverse interests, concerns, organizations, issues and populations of the Paso del Norte region. The CAB helps guide KCOS in a variety of ways. Membership in the CAB is open to anyone who lives in the designated market area for KCOS and who has demonstrated an interest in KCOS. Members are selected by the existing CAB after being nominated by the staff, or the CAB, or they may nominate themselves. The role of the CAB is to provide a link between the community-at-large and the staff of KCOS. Members elected to the CAB commit to serve a two-year term.
- Act as a liaison between KCOS and the community.
- Raise community awareness about KCOS, its programming and its services.
- Advise KCOS on issues of importance in the community where KCOS may have an impact.
- Encourage community involvement in KCOS projects, activities.
- Ensure that the content of the programming reflects the community.