The PBS KIDS Writers Contest encourages children in grades K through 5 to submit their own original illustrated stories for great prizes.
The 2020 Writer's Contest is now open. Submit your story by March 27, 2020 to be eligible.
1st through 4th place will be awarded for each grade (K-5).
Stories will be judged by local volunteers.
All winners from each grade will:
- Be recognized at the Winners Celebration in late spring hosted by PBS El Paso.
- Receive cool prizes from local businesses & PBS Kids
- Have their stories digitized and featured on pbselpaso.org
1st place winners from each grade will also:
- Appear in a TV spot on KCOS during PBS Kids programming
- One of the 1st place winners will have their story published in the summer edition of El Paso Kids, Inc.
All students submitting a story will receive a certificate of participation.
Classrooms or community groups that have five or more student entries will also be entered into a raffle to win a classroom visit from Clifford the Big Red Dog.